Nowadays, people are more apt to go online and compare prices for just about any consumer item. It’s been a great help for the budget-conscious, and this trend has been changing the landscape of numerous industries. In the UK, the gym industry has been shaken to its core by the rising popularity of the Pure Gym chain.
It’s no secret that people need to work out in order to remain fit, lose weight, and gain muscles. Now Pure Gym has demonstrated that gym memberships need not be limited for just the wealthy. They’ve streamlined their operations and removed the unnecessary frills to offer the kind of affordable gym membership that’s accessible to everyone.
Let’s take a look at what your money gets you:
- There are plenty of Pure Gyms to choose from, so it’s very likely that one is near your home or place of work. There are 59 of these gyms in the London area alone, with other locations in Scotland and in Northern Ireland. More than 200 gyms are available, and Pure Gym plans to offer 300 gyms by 2020.
- Most of these gyms are open 24 hours a day. So you don’t have to make sure that your own schedule meets the working hours of the gym. You can work during the day, and then work out at night. If you’re feeling frazzled during the weekend and get the whim to work out at odd hours, you can.
- These are no-frills gyms, which means that there aren’t expensive add-ons like pools and saunas that very few people use but add too much to the expenses. Yet the amenities are still excellent. The showers and changing rooms are of high quality, and the whole place is fully air-conditioned. All the clubs have hair dryers, and sockets are available for your own appliances.
- With the 24-hour access pod system, you can enter and leave the gym with no hassle. If you get hungry or thirsty, there are vending machines that offer protein snacks and drinks.
- The equipment offers a wide range of options such as treadmills, rowing machines, and stationary bikes. You also get to use steppers, stair climbers, and cross trainers.
- Dumbbells reach up to 50 kilos, and you have squat racks and weight benches along with the plate-loaded equipment. You’ve got fixed resistance weights as well. You can also make use of the functional space to develop real-world functional strength with the use of medicine balls and kettleballs.
- Every gym offers up to 50 free classes each week, so you’ll know what you’re doing and you can work with a class to help motivate you. These classes can help you achieve your fitness goals, whether they’re to remain fit, lose unwanted pounds, or gain strength through bigger muscles. Toning classes are available to make you look better as well.
It’s no surprise that Pure Gym has attracted a million members, as they’ve announced back in February 2018. When their gym memberships are available at such a low cost (starting at £14.99 per month) and there are no contracts, it just makes sense. Whatever your reason may be for not working out, you can no longer say that good yms are too expensive. That’s not true with Pure Gym.